1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

fear to symptoms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Allund, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Allund

Allund Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from dizziness and vertigo for some years now, even though I have experienced good moments, I am finding this to be the hardest symptom I have ever had and the one I cannot get rid of. During this time I have also realized that a big part of my suffering comes in fact from my fear. When I feel the symptom (dizzy) I feel a sudden fear and then my mind starts to send messages like: I cannot have a normal life, this is horrible, when will this end? , etc. Increasing my fear and suffering.
    I understand that if I could see my sympton just as a bodily sensation and not to feed it with so much fear and negative thoughts, I would reduce my suffering.
    The thing is I find my self in this kind of infinite loop, and I would like to ask you how have you managed your fear to the symptoms? Is there anything that has helped you to deal with this?

Thank yoy very much

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Get hold of a copy of Claire Weekes "Self Help For Your Nerves" if you haven't already. She explains have to handle such sensations. It worked for me and any other on the forum.

Allund likes this.