1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Fear, fear and more fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yikes0118, May 2, 2014.

1. yikes0118

yikes0118 New Member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

Hi this is Becs. I exercised last this Tuesday. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and lifted weights for my chest, arms and abs. I made me feel terrified!!!!! For the past four years whenever I am doing activity or exercising I am constantly telling myself big fat lies....like: "BE CAREFUL! You're going to feel this tomorrow. Hope your back doesn't go out! Remember you have this or that to do this week...maybe you should just skip the exercise." etc... Its been years since I have exercised with the intensity and determination and JOY that I used to workout with because I am allowing my mind lizard to tell me how fragile, hurt and sick I am. Plus I beat myself up for knowing better and still listening to the lizard. ugh!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Your reconditioning. It will all be well. Each time this mind lizard says a negative word you come back with something positive and to the affirmative ok. Soon you will be reconditioned from this and it will take second seat to your control cause of your awareness.
    When you are aware of the reactions that are causing the stress and strain and tension -- because you have become mindfully aware, you will begin to control the reactions and thus your tension from that part of your unconscious.
    Bless you, keep us posted

nowtimecoach likes this.