1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Fear and oxygen deprivation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dudevaldude, Apr 29, 2019.

1. dudevaldude

dudevaldude New Member

Hey all,

These forums have been incredibly helpful; I am having some acute back pain and have been put on a medrol pack which has calmed things down. I have been journaling and I re read heading back pain. I am still scared of an acute back episode occurring again. I was reading the physiology chapter and the discussion of muscle tension and back pain struck me. I have exercised a lot my whole life and my pain does feel like a muscle that is full of lactic acid. I guess my structural fear still exists because a pt told me a few years ago that my lower back postural muscles are working overtime to stabilize my spine and that’s why they feel oxygen deprived.

How do I get over this conceptual idea about my muscles ?

Ty in advance

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Spine stabilization is a bogus idea. Go look up Peter O'Sullivan on YouTube on it: