1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 Fallen off the wagon

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Toby2015, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

hi all
    For the last week and a half I have fallen off the wagon. I have neglected my journaling and meditation. Reasons for this were preparation for a competition, something I enjoy doing but always go into last minute unprepared. Strange for a perfectionist isn't it? I sometimes wonder if this self-sabotage has deeper meaning. (I did notice a back pain for a few brief moments during the stress of doing the comp, but I quickly dismissed it as TMS, it didn't bother me for long)

Anyway, good news I won the comp! Bad news, I had to leave before they announced the winners as I had a stomach bug, which I am still suffering from. This has given me time to reflect on my TMS journey and hopefully encourage me to get back to it.

For me it seems that learning if TMS has relieved me of my back problems very effectively. My IBS although improved, still flares when out for a meal or drinking. It is the ongoing overactive bladder and psoriasis that I would like to see improve.
    What am I missing about TMS that's would help me alleviate these problems thay I have had for so many years?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Toby. It's good to have something to do that you love, like the competition. But I hope you will get back to meditating and journaling because that is how you will heal.

Your dog looks adorable. I have a black Lab, too. Love her.