1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Faith, belief, healing and Emotions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Sep 25, 2016.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is very common to experience an explosion of pain. Most of those who got better went through the phase named "extinction burst" by Dr. Sarno. As long as you accept it as norm and hold on to your faith and stick to your plan, it will get better at some point. People on this forum are amazing in helping each other to get through those low points. As far as meditation goes, nothing worked better for me than Dr. Claire Weekes' recordings. She instills faith and relieves fears and anxiety,

seangela likes this.
  2. Cara

Cara Peer Supporter

Seangela,
    Try Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penman. I have tried other meditation practices, but I always felt like I was doing wrong. Their perspective has helped me get over that "doing wrong" pressure, and it's ever-so-slowly helping me recognize my inner weather and how it's related to my pain. Good luck!
    Cara

seangela likes this.
  3. seangela

seangela New Member

Thank you! I love Claire Weekes' recordings; I will continue to listen to those and I will check out Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penman. I appreciate the advice!

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Tom, nice to hear from you brother. I just took some time away for awhile to clear my mind. I been focusing on work and being patient for some time. Those two together seems like frustration if it's not something you love.
    I left the old Job down on the farm and am painting Homes for now. About to go out to the east coast of Florida and do roofing work where hurricane Matthew hit. A lot of damage in Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas.
    I agree totally that faith is belief, it's also courage.
    I really like Steve's new book. I bought it a bit back. Simple reads are greatly needed in our tms language. I believe Steve did that.
    You still traveling Tom? I still got to get my travelling boots on. I feel that's my next move and it feels good.

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I also like may I be calm, may I peaceful, may I be kind, etc.

I borrowed that from the buddhist and psychologist Rick Hanson. Using 'may' acts as a softener for the ego and feels really good if you whisper it in your mind around people who drive you nuts. May you be happy, may you find peace, may you be loved...after all most people are hurting, scared or lonely in some way. They don't mean to be spiky so it does well to break the cycle of harm wherever we can.

Cara, Tennis Tom and westb like this.