1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

failure or not?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Barb1k, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Barb1k

Barb1k New Member

Hi everyone. Im 27 old man, and i have lower back pain about 9 years. I visited a lot of doctors and did 4-5mri, and the doctors always said that they did not see anything terrible. massage, acupuncture, blockades, physiotherapy - all this did not help me. My diagnos is lumbalgia, si joint dysfunction.
    About year ago i finded John Sarno's books, and after read - I realized that this is the last thing that can help me.
    And i started do tms program of dr Shubiner, and in jauary of this year - program of this forum.
    I have improved, the pain has become less intense. and I began to pay less attention to her. because the last 4 years - I thought about her 24/7. I realized that I am on the right track and my pain will completely recede if I continue to follow John Sarno.
    But, im on Zoloft(Sertraline) 50 mg for the last 4 years,because the depression and anxiety caused by the pain, and vice versa.
    And now i cancelling zoloft. And yesterday I was walking with a friend and i haved strong back pain.
    The strongest in the last six months. I tried o pay attention to her, but she won.
    And now I think this is due to the withdrawal of Zoloft (like my emotional state is now a little out of order and there is anxiety, I have been without the drug for 3 days)? Or is it because the Zoloft reduced my pain and I followed the program and didn't really succeed?

Sorry for my english, im russian(dont judge my nation)

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Ask your doc to help you taper it off because the withdrawal symptoms can be rough.

Barb1k likes this.
  3. Barb1k

Barb1k New Member

I have withdrawal symptoms - increased anxiety and bad thoughts, I can’t say that it worries me a lot, if yesterday I went for a walk with a friend and talked for 4-5 hours on various topics and nothing bothered me. I know about the antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, I had it before (7 years ago), but this time I reduced the dosage very slowly and it is practically absent

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you are correct that quitting the Zoloft has created a fear that resulted in symptoms. When tapering off, it's important to talk to your fearful brain, letting it get used to smaller doses, and telling it that you are still okay as each day goes by.

Dr. Sarno said that medication can and should be used as a tool to help us in recovery, and does not need to be rejected right away.

Not here, my friend welcomea (I only ask that you don't judge that I would not be able to make myself understood in ANY other language :D)

~Jan

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Barb1k

Barb1k New Member

Thank you for your respond. I used Zoloft to reduce depression over treatment failures. I decided that I would take medication until I found a solution to my pain problem. and of course I have tried a lot (everything that is possible, except for surgery). and when a year ago I got acquainted with the theory of TMS, it became easier for me and I decided to slowly reduce the drugs. And a month ago I finally decided that I would give up the drugs, get a job and start my happy life. But these thoughts - that it was just Zoloft that reduced pain, and not my practice under the TMS program, they just panic me ...

6. Barb1k

Barb1k New Member

Big love♥️.