1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Facet arthrosis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mncjl123, Jul 2, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

I have had dead weight and stiff legs for aver a year. I try to walk and push through it like dr. Sarno book says. Do you think if I keep on keeping on, I can be normal again? Here are a summary of my MRI from 1 year ago.
    1. FACET ARTHROSIS AT L3-4 THROUGH L5-S1.
    2. DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE WITH ANNULAR FISSURE/TEAR AND CENTRAL PROTRUSION AT L5-S1 WITH MILD LATERAL RECESS NARROWING BILATERALLY.

2. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

I think these are relatively normal findings for anyone tossed in an MRI machine, pain or no pain. I had a very similar report when my problem was back pain... now my pain is all neck and the back feels just fine, so I guess those findings weren't significant.

3. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Thanks! So the heavy legs and stiffness is psychological?

4. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

Well, I'm no doctor and can't diagnose anything. I can just say that for me, the findings of facet arthritis, degenerative disc disease have turned out to be red herrings. The same may be true for you. As to your specific symptoms, I have not had 'heavy legs' or leg stiffness, but I'm sure others here on the forum have and can chime in. I know that others on the forum recovered from similar situations by applying TMS protocol.

5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have hands stiffness, can't bend fingers and wrists- but I am hopeful.