1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Facebook Support Groups

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Patrisia, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Patrisia

Patrisia Peer Supporter

Hello!

I can't keep this to myself as I am extremely mad. I tried posting about Steve Ozanich's book and how to heal TN in Facebook Support Groups. Guess what? Every post I made or a comment that mentioned mindbody healing was deleted by the admins. This is ridiculous! I simply cannot find my posts, they keep getting deleted. Do these admins not want people to heal? Or why would they prevent someone from spreading the word. This is infuriating. How will people get to know about it if they ban people like us from talking about it?

This also seems scary because it seems like these groups are associated with the official TN Associations/Fundraisers and there might be real censorship going on to keep people in pain.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, I do sympathize, @Patrisia, but as a moderator of a forum (this one!) I also have to say that every forum sees itself as having a mission, a focus, and a message, and we are very protective of those things. The tmswiki.org forum is no exception! Recently there was a post from a brand-new (like, 10 minutes old) member who inserted medical and drug recommendations into a thread that up until that point had been pretty much sticking to TMS knowledge regarding the original topic. This post contained no mention at all of TMS or mindbody knowledge or Dr. Sarno. Now, since it was not obviously spam (no links, for example) and because the poster claimed to have been following our site for a while, it is being treated as dubious and has not been deleted outright. But I suspect that it will be after an appropriate investigation to find out if the poster is legitimate.

That's how we deal with information that we don't agree with. We only delete outright if the post is obviously spam (the clue to spam is outside links and inappropriate information posted by a brand-new member that somehow escaped the spam filters during registration).

All that being said, I can't imagine that anything you tried to post on these groups looked like spam. Nevertheless, TMS theory goes completely against the values of people who are committed to being in pain, and equally, if not more committed, to devoting their lives to blaming the medical establishment for their pain. Apparently these are very strong motivators. It's immensely sad as well as pathetic, but you know what - you need to give yourself credit for trying! I commend you!

~Jan

miffybunny likes this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I feel your pain and dismay! It's profoundly depressing that so few people are open to this approach. They just want a magic pill or they want to wallow in misery in a toxic support group. The "Fibro Warriors" are one example....people defend and cling to the label until it becomes their entire identity I'm afraid. Part of the problem is brainwashing from the medical industry and part of the problem is the victim mentality. I would have given my right arm for someone to have told me they got better and here's how....my head would have exploded with joy and hope. It has been baffling to say the least when I've been attacked and called ignorant, stupid etc. by strangers but I've come to realize that only a small percentage of people are open minded enough and proactive enough to want to take this leap of faith and empower themselves. I think Dr. Sarno said only about 1 in 10 of his patients would. I also think that paradigm shifts take at least 100 years or even a couple of centuries and most doctors are still in the Dark Ages when it comes to chronic pain. My son has autism and oh boy could I write a book on how archaic the behavioral methodology used in schools for autism is! I've had to leave several groups for moms of special needs kids because it was unbearable. Most people are just brainwashed sheep unfortunately. The censorship on FB is also unbearable. I was kicked out of a group for a tv show because I said the villain was "unctuous". The moderator said I was using abusive language towards the actor and removed me. The level of stupidity is astounding so you're lucky if you get through to a small percentage. I think it was very brave of you to at least try and you know what? even if just ONE person gets the message it's soooo worth it!!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good grief :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

miffybunny likes this.