1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Eyelid dermatitis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jhshiu, Feb 12, 2023.

1. jhshiu

jhshiu New Member

Hi All.

long time TMS warrior here! Ive had a plethora of stuff over the years but was doing pretty well until a few weeks ago….

My eyelid started swelling on a trip to NY. Since I’ve returned home, I’ve been having swelling, redness, gunk, eyelashes falling, etc. I’m not wearing any makeup or lotions and it feels like eyelids are reacting to everything (wine, food, weather). I’ve been to one eye Dr and 2 dermatologists and they think eyelid dermatitis due to allergy. I’m feeling very self conscious….and am hiding behind glasses.

I went to NY for fun but there were stressful elements involved so I’m wondering if the ‘perfect storm’ caused these symptoms.

has anyone had success with this before? Is this a tms symptom?

prior to all this, I was fixated on my eyes for a couple months, trying different patches and creams for wrinkles. Was it the chemicals that caused this or my brain’s fixation on my eyes?

Seeking wisdom and success stories please!

Thanks,

jennie

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle