1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

eye twitch

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MrsB, Mar 22, 2015.

1. MrsB

MrsB New Member

Hello all, brand new here and so anxious. Below my lower eye has been twitching non-stop for one month. It's visible to other people. My husband can see the twitch too so it's not just me that sees it. I can't find anyone else with this problem. Most people get it and it subsides in a few days or it isn't noticeable to the public. Mine is noticeable and constant. I went to my eye Dr after one week with it. He said everything looked good with my eyes and stress is usually the cause. He said it should subside in a week. It hasn't. However mine seems more severe than anyone else that I can find. Made an appt with my primary dr this week and she referred me to a Neuro. My appt at the Neuro is this Friday. I am convinced I have some sort of tumor lying on a nerve in my brain or the start of MS or Parkinson's. Has anyone ever had a very visible lower eye twitch for a month straight. I am so scared. Thank you so much. This seems like a nice community here.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MrsB.

Don't be scared. Your doctor didn't find anything wrong with your eyes, and
    said the twitching could be from emotional stress. To me that means it is caused by TMS and you
    need to discover what repressed emotions are causing the twitch.

But it's good to have a neurologist examine your eyes. I doubt he/she will find anything wrong.

Eye twitching is similar to neck twitching and foot moving when sitting.
    One of my favorite aunts had twitching in her neck, and I knew she had a stressful marriage
    and three kids to take care of.

The famous symphony conductor Charles Munch moved one foot up and down while he conducted.
    I heard it from six rows away at a concert. It was audible foot stomping. He must have had TMS.

Worrying that you have a tumor or other things is keeping or even intensifying the eye twitching.
    It's so easy to work ourselves into "catastrophizing" about our health. Don't do it.

Be positive that the twitching is psychological, not physical.
    The eye twitching is your subconscious telling you to look into repressed emotions.

Start the Structural Education Program, free in that subforum here.
    It will help you to discover the TMS cause(s) which could go back to your childhood.
    They may have been triggered by something recent.

I'm so glad you found TMSWiki. I'm like many others who healed from severe back and other pain
    after learning about TMS. It really does work.

3. MrsB

MrsB New Member

Thanks for writing back. Have you ever heard of someone having this constant below eye twitch as part of tms? Also where do I find the start of the program on here? Thanks so much for your time.

4. cjdaze

cjdaze New Member

I've had eye twitch,. It definitely is psychological and will stop if you look into your repressed emotions as Mr. Oleksy stated.

5. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

MrsB,

I understand your concern...I have twitches everywhere from my neck down and a moderate amt of pain in my limbs and hands/feet. They float exc for my right hand, it occurs there every day along with clicking. The twitching scares the heck out of me, it is ruining my life, that is how bad my mindset is. So far my GP doesn't think enough to send me to the Neuro so i'm just going to have to wait, pray and try mindfulness exercises.

I wouldn't be concerned with just an eyebrow twitch, I have had them off and on for years and they never amounted to anything - and trust me, nowadays I worry about my health real bad, I'm becoming (or have become) a hypochondriac.