1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Eye twitch

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DVX, Dec 28, 2019.

1. DVX

DVX New Member

Hi,

I just found i had TMS and found TMSwiki so helpful. I realised i had TMS by finding this site by accident. I had a lot of symptoms stating in my teen and always healed when i stopped fearing them and start living again. Some symptoms lasted for years, had all the tests done and doctor found nothing wrong. The more i tried to fix the symptoms and obsess on it, the worst it became. Those symptoms come back sometimes (when i live something emotional) but since i don't fear them and know what they are, they fade away quickly!

My struggle happen when a new symptom arise. Three months ago, my left upper eyelid started to twitch a couple times a day. It stress me a little but decided to not give it attention. Some older symptoms arise to during that time but like i said, didn't give them power so they faded away. After 2 months of upper eyelid twitching, i started to fear it a little bit and made the mistake to ask the help of Doctor Google! The distration was in place! It had my attention! Then the pattern was in place, i started to obsess about it and enter the train of thought. What if something was wrong etc. Then i realised that my right eyebrow was twitching to when i blink really hard. I was now expecting to twitch when i blink, or sneeze and guess what, each time i twitched.

I realised what i was doing and found the TMSwiki and realised it was another distraction from my emotions. Each year before christmas i experience a symptom. The fact it was a new one really scared me this time. I decided to stop monitoring the twitches and go on with my life. It was less and less and since i didn't worry about it, i was winning! Two days before the holidays, i twitched only once but it was because i tested to see if it was still there. I caught myself monitoring it and laughed about it. Last day of work and my lower eye lid started to twitched too. Now i was scared! And the cycle begins again! Fear, obsession etc.

Now i have an appointment to see my doctor but i feel it is not the good thing to do. I know nothing is wrong with me and i feel that i reinforce the idea that something is wrong with me by going to see the doctor. Just want to have your opinion on it. First time in my life i write a message in a support group, but i feel that just writing this message made me see clearer!

P.S Sorry for my english

Thanks a lot

2. DVX

DVX New Member

I realised that seeking reassurance is another way to distract me from my emotion. It keeps the fear alive. Last night, my eye was twitching non stop, so i went in a room closed my eyes and ask myself what i was feeling. The twitching stoped after that. If i start to monitor the twitching it come back. What you resist persist. I really start to feel 100% sure that i have TMS and i feel it is an important step. Really feeling confident

3. LaRubia

LaRubia Peer Supporter

Hello I’m curious the outcome. I have been experiencing the same thing. I believe it’s a distraction in my case.