1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Eye problems and TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Suisei, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Suisei

Suisei Peer Supporter

A few years ago I had ' pressure in the head ' symptoms (head pain, tinnitus and eye pain . Also optic nerve swelling ) and that caused Double vision. I think my PCOS was to blame for this since high testosterone levels can cause this. They recommended me to get an MRI but I did that about a year later. The swelling went down but my double vision has stayed. No tumor was found and MRI was normal . If they pressure had continued after they would have let me get a spinal tap to reduce the pressure . Anyway , the pseudo tumor went away just the problem is now is my eyes . The double vision is still here and I still have occasional dizziness. I am seeing an opthamologist in November . My optometrist did check my eyes but everything was normal and no damage was found. I'm not sure if this is TMS or not but I have been looking into Mier Schnieder's book ( a man that was legally blind and did bates method when eye surgeries didn't help) . I have been extremely worried about my double vision and want it to go away since I enjoy reading, drawing ect. I want to avoid lasik if possible since I heard that could cause complications or make symptoms worse. Just I keep getting severely anxious about this. I hope I don't have brain damage or anything but the mri was ok. I want to get better.

Also since the bates method has eye exercises wouldnt that not help the problem if this is TMS? Gah I have no idea what to do. Any thoughts?

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You've been checked out and the white-coats found nothing serious amiss structurally, you are safe to pursue the TMS route--(bare in mind that I'm a tennis player and NOT a doc). ANXIETY is a TMS affective equivalent--TMS doing it's job distracting you with a protective psychological defense mechanism.

The Bates method and Meir Schnieder's methodologies would be good, non-invasive, TMS complementary, remedies to pursue--the eyes are the portals to the mind. They reverse everything, turning them upside down--this is probably where TMS gets it's foothold into the the sub-C.

There's another vision/VISION guru in the Bates lineage that is good too, Roberto Kaplan, he's written books and does world wide lecturing and consulting on eye issues :

[​IMG]

• The Power Behind Your Eyes
    Improving Your Eyesight with Integrated Vision Therapy
    By (Author) Robert-Michael Kaplan, O.D.
    Availability: In stock

Pages : 192

Book Size : 8 x 10

ISBN-13 : 9780892815364

Imprint : Healing Arts Press

On Sale Date : October 01, 1995

Format : Paperback Book

Illustrations : 23 b&w illustrations

Dr. Kaplan addresses eyesight problems from a holistic and psychospiritual perspective, empowering readers to begin a self-healing journey.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017