1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Eye problems and TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Suisei, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Suisei

Suisei Peer Supporter

A few years ago I had ' pressure in the head ' symptoms (head pain, tinnitus and eye pain . Also optic nerve swelling ) and that caused Double vision. I think my PCOS was to blame for this since high testosterone levels can cause this. They recommended me to get an MRI but I did that about a year later. The swelling went down but my double vision has stayed. No tumor was found and MRI was normal . If they pressure had continued after they would have let me get a spinal tap to reduce the pressure . Anyway , the pseudo tumor went away just the problem is now is my eyes . The double vision is still here and I still have occasional dizziness. I am seeing an opthamologist in November . My optometrist did check my eyes but everything was normal and no damage was found. I'm not sure if this is TMS or not but I have been looking into Mier Schnieder's book ( a man that was legally blind and did bates method when eye surgeries didn't help) . I have been extremely worried about my double vision and want it to go away since I enjoy reading, drawing ect. I want to avoid lasik if possible since I heard that could cause complications or make symptoms worse. Just I keep getting severely anxious about this. I hope I don't have brain damage or anything but the mri was ok. I want to get better.

Also since the bates method has eye exercises wouldnt that not help the problem if this is TMS? Gah I have no idea what to do. Any thoughts?

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You've been checked out and the white-coats found nothing serious amiss structurally, you are safe to pursue the TMS route--(bare in mind that I'm a tennis player and NOT a doc). ANXIETY is a TMS affective equivalent--TMS doing it's job distracting you with a protective psychological defense mechanism.

The Bates method and Meir Schnieder's methodologies would be good, non-invasive, TMS complementary, remedies to pursue--the eyes are the portals to the mind. They reverse everything, turning them upside down--this is probably where TMS gets it's foothold into the the sub-C.

There's another vision/VISION guru in the Bates lineage that is good too, Roberto Kaplan, he's written books and does world wide lecturing and consulting on eye issues :

[​IMG]

• The Power Behind Your Eyes
    Improving Your Eyesight with Integrated Vision Therapy
    By (Author) Robert-Michael Kaplan, O.D.
    Availability: In stock

Pages : 192

Book Size : 8 x 10

ISBN-13 : 9780892815364

Imprint : Healing Arts Press

On Sale Date : October 01, 1995

Format : Paperback Book

Illustrations : 23 b&w illustrations

Dr. Kaplan addresses eyesight problems from a holistic and psychospiritual perspective, empowering readers to begin a self-healing journey.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Hi Tom, i have so much trouble recently with my eyes, strain and tension and so on, but if i try bates Method or kaplan, your doing some excercises but isnt this like Phiscaltherapie? Im helpless because my eyes dont work good together anymore and thats why so much tension. But idk what to do