1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (now US Daylight Time) . It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Eye doctors that specialize in TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by laneinpain, Jan 7, 2021.

1. laneinpain

laneinpain New Member

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has encountered/knows of any optometrists or ophthalmologists that specialize in (or at least know about) TMS? I have been struggling with incredibly challenging eye pain (including severe dry eyes and chronic inflammation) ever since I got PRK vision correction surgery about four years ago. I am finally pursuing help from ophthalmologists (it took me so long because I was so ashamed about experiencing pain as a result of a medically-unnecessary surgery), but so far nothing has helped.

I'm interested in seeing an eye doctor that specializes in TMS because I think elements of my eye pain are implicative of TMS, but I haven't gone far enough down the medical route to rule out something structural. (Or maybe I have, I don't know?) Maybe a general physician that specializes in TMS could help, but it would be great to see someone with specific knowledge of eye conditions.

Thank you so much for any leads.

Jeather likes this.