1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

extreme muscle tension

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Jun 18, 2017.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi,

I'm still recovering and having ups and downs recently but there is something I need someone to clarify....so TMS restricts blood flow to certain parts of the body, why is there soon much tension in my body??? When I turn my head I can feel it in my neck and Down into my shoulder. Everywhere around my pelvis feels tight, my hip flexor, quads and gluten too. I love playing football but the tightness in these muscles is holding me back. Stretching them really hurts.

Thx.
    Xxx

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

There are probably multiple explanations for this. One is that these deprived areas in muscles show muscle fibres that are entangled. In effect the muscle is shorter than it would be otherwise and that is what you feel as tension. If you put more tension on it because you use the muscle, it will hurt more accordingly. You could also explain it as that the muscle is constantly put in a state of ready-to-fire by the brain, so there is always tension on them.
    Whatever mechanism you choose, it shouldn't make a difference in the fact that the brain is clearly capable of doing it. Accept it and approach it as TMS and it will get better sooner or later.
    good luck!

3. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Thx gigalos, I think/thought I had accepted it but it is the TMS beast at work again popping these questions into my head to try and debunk it.

4. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

You are only human :) Don't kick yourself for it.
    take care!