1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Extreme case of TMS?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Blossom, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Blossom

Blossom New Member

I've been having weekly appointments with a TMS psychotherapist for almost 6 months now! I think my presentation of TMS must be quite extreme, it started with the lower half of my body going numb 4 years ago, including genital area. I still have problems with this, I however have no problems on an MRI scan, and I've had many! No signs of multiple sclerosis and a lumbar puncture which confirms this. I just have a small degenerative disc in my mid back - where I also get pain. I was then diagnosed with lyme disease because I have a lot of other symptoms (visual snow, noise sensitivity to name a few)...

I was in a car accident a few years ago which was very minor really but I then developed fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Since then it's just been pain, at the moment my sacrum, hips, groin and legs are bothering me with pins and needles everywhere and numbness and pain so that it's hard to even sit down. I'm beginning the SEP to see if that can be an extra tool in my belt. I'm kinda dumbfounded that I have all these symptoms, my life is very sheltered and I can see through my emotional issues that I have created this for myself. I'm a bit of a hermit, and 28 years old. Through therapy I can also see that I do not show or even feel my emotions or past traumas. I've been using EFT for the past month to try and release these but I think I'm stuck in the belief that nothing can help me, and so nothing is!

I tried to begin this program earlier in the year but another problem I face is my inability to stick with things! I'm surprised that I've stuck with therapy for so long. Feel like I've got myself in a bit of a mess which I'd love to dig my way out of now as I can finally picture a life that I would like to lead which doesn't involve me being sick and hopeless.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Blossom. Welcome to the TMS healing club. The SEProgram healed me from severe back pain and has done similarly for many others. You seem to be a physical worrier and need to overcome that. You have gone the MRI route and nothing structural has been found wrong with your body, so now you need to believe in TMS emotions causing your pain. But I urge you to stop diagnosing yourself with structural pain and believe 100 percent that TMS emotions are causing your pain. Tapping can be helpful, but I would use that technique as an extra while concentrating mainly on TMS, discovering repressed emotions and/or modifying a perfectionist or goodist personality. The fact that you say you have several symptoms is a strong indication that they are from TMS and are not structural.

Congratulations on learning about TMS at age 28. I'm 85 and didn't learn about it until three years ago! It has made me a much healthier, happier camper.

3. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Hi Walt,

Thank you for the lovely reply. Physical worrier, that's an excellent description! I'm glad to hear thorough discovering the TMS theory you have become well, that's very encouraging indeed :)

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Blossom,

I am happy that you've returned to the SEP. You are learning to be a "Warrior not a Worrier!" I am happy you have the support of a good SEP therapist. What you've gone through sounds tough. And you're still in it.

I hope you don't blame yourself for where you are. It is life, and life is challenging and confusing for all of us. Good luck and keep us posted.

Andy B.

5. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Thanks for the encouragement and for pointing that out Andy B, I think I have been a little hard on myself about it all!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,Blossom. I love the photo with your post. I am a real animal lover.

And I also love Andy's suggestion, to be a "Warrior and not a Worrier."

7. Blossom

Blossom New Member

We've got a lot to learn from animals I think :)

And I agree, that's such a great mantra for this process! I had a good therapy session today, seem to have gained a lot more insight into the purpose my symptoms serve, and why I may have learnt to be an ill person to get my needs met. Hoping I can go one step further than just intellectualising what's going on, still hoping to feel these dug down emotions soon!