1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Experienced pain jumping around and my success so far

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Wendyc, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Wendyc

Wendyc Peer Supporter

I started the program last week but stopped this week so I can finish reading the book first. So far I've made really great progress. Yesterday was a very stressful day and though my mind tried to take me down some crazy anxiety routes I didn’t let it. I think what helped besides knowing its TMS is that I didn’t let the negative part of my brain take over, for every negative comment I came back with a positive one. I kind of felt like I had the devil and the angel on my shoulders. So I'm sitting at my desk and I feel a pain in my thigh, I said oh hell no! literally a few sec later it switched to my arm, then my stomach and to the other leg.. lol, I had to laugh at that moment, It was as if I was being poked to find the one that would freak me out. Amazing! I normally suffer from obsessive worry, IBS symptoms, Hiatal hernia, Costochondritis, Neck pain, shoulder pain, leg pain, pain anywhere it wants to appear.. anxiety and once in a while panic attacks...TMJ etc. As of now I am only dealing with very minimal pain compared to before. I'm excited! I went to clean my aunt’s house on Saturday normally after an hour or two I would be complaining about my neck, back, chest... but nope! I did everything I wouldn't normally do. I picked up the sofa a few times, I moved heavy furniture. I cleaned for hours and felt great. I've been eating spicy food, and caffeine all the stuff I avoided because of heartburn and bloating. I did have one migraine really bad the next day but I think it was hormonal. The first few days I did have panic attack in the middle of the night but since I know what they are I just went straight back to sleep. Once I’m done reading the book I’m going to start the program again from day 1.

Sorry If I write all over the place my thought are just that I'm just super excited to feel almost normal!

brendan537 and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like you are making TRANSFORMATIONAL changes! Amazing what TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN can accomplish through just a change of mind/thinking! Good on you.

3. Wendyc

Wendyc Peer Supporter

Right! I think it really helps to be open like I was and others.. as soon as I read about it I knew it was going to work for me. Now I just need to continue until I'm fully educated on all there is to know.

Tennis Tom likes this.