1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Exercising

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by koolkat, Sep 28, 2014.

1. koolkat

koolkat New Member

I've been very fortunate to be able to continue exercising during my pain cycle. Walking is my exercise of choice and I walked 1 1/2 miles yesterday. I also enjoy Yoga twice a week. With my sciatic problem, sitting is what has caused me the most discomfort. Over the past several months, if I sat for more than a few minutes, I the back of my leg would begin burning, tingling, or buzzing which would travel down the left side of my outer thigh. I often resort to rolling on a foam roller, lying on the couch or floor to watch TV, or employing a range of exercises in an attempt to relieve the sciatic pain. I have also used heat and ice at various times to help deal with the pain. I bought a special lumbar pillow as suggested by my chiropractor. I've been told that most likely my discomfort was because of pressure on the sacral nerves brought on my sitting and thinning of my discs. Today, I sat through church and noticed that I was experiencing less discomfort than usual. Right now as I'm typing, I'm having tingling and some buzzing in the back of my thigh but as I continue with this program, I'm looking forward to that being gone. I'm expectant and excited.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Amazing, isn't it? Also amazing why we aren't taught about this from the start of our lives!
    ~ Jan

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. Koolkat. It's great that you are exercising and doing yoga. Stay limber despite any pain.

I'm doing some exercises for seniors, to strengthen my back and legs.
    I still believe in TMS of course, and am just exercising for general good health.

4. koolkat

koolkat New Member

Thanks for the encouragement.