1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Exercising

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

When was the last time you exercised? Do you have any apprehension about exercising or engaging in physical activity?

I last exercised on 02/12/16 and try to go three times a week. I spend about thirty minutes each session doing a run or elliptical machine which feels good. I joined a gym back in December of 2015 to try to get back into physical shape again. Currently I weigh about 178lbs but would like to drop to 170lbs. It may be hard since I've been trying to weight lift as well.

The aerobic exercise I have no fear in doing. The weight lifting I sometimes get scarred doing. Wondering if my right hand can handle the physical rigors of lifting the weights still. The exercising always feels better and glad I took the effort to go. Tomorrow will be a day I'll try to attempt to go again since Friday. Battling a viral infection hasn't been fun but hopefully on the mend. Doctors tend to encourage exercising since it reduces stress and releases natural endorphins.

Physical activities haven't been too much of a problem. Nothing has ever been restricted or loss of mobility.

I've struggled contemplating paying off off our mortgage or hording cash for almost two years which could be emotionally draining.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ryan. You're doing great with the exercise. I wish I could do more but at almost 86 I just do some sitting exercises for seniors, But I'm and out of teh computer chair a lot because my darling but aging dog Annie poops and pees on carpets in the house and I have to pick them up to clean them in the washer and dryer. I get to walk a lot in the house and again this morning shoveled snow off my front walk and long driveway.

I bet your son keeps you active, too.

Keep up the exercise It's great for the body and mind.