1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Exercising and apprehension

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shakermaker, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Peer Supporter

With my main concern being vision problems at the moment, I am not TOO apprehensive to exercise because I generally believe that exercise is good for the emotions and to be completely honest its the only source of fun in my life right now. I do sometimes worry about over exerting myself though, which I then worry could in turn cause me to become even more exhausted and strung out which could then make my vision problems even worse.

So actually I guess I am kinda scared of exhaustion and maybe consequently don't give it absolutely 100% when I'm in the gym.

Also, I had/have a chronic back problem that cleared up 95% after reading the mind body prescription. But that 5% is still there and that sometimes makes me apprehensive to lift certain weights or do certain bending movements.