1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by overcomingposttib, Feb 12, 2023.

1. overcomingposttib

overcomingposttib New Member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

After one and a half years of not exercising from what started as an overuse running injury (multiple diagnoses, of post tib tendon, nerve entrapment), I am finally back doing Reformer Pilates with no pain and able to walk 10,000 steps with no pain. Although I am happy with this, I feel good after exercising and do feel like I am building back a bit of foot strength I lost, I really want to try the peloton or running again, but I am scared that it will flare up. When I tried a 10 minute peloton in November I had a bad flare up that lasted two weeks. What's strange is that when I did up to 8 minutes last time of the same resistance and cadence, I didn't have any pain following. It is strange to me to think that 10 minutes could flare it up for a long time, but 8 minutes doesn't have any effect. Anyhow, on my next walk I might attempt a small run for a minute or so

2. Jarod Wystand

Jarod Wystand Newcomer

The advantages of exercising in the evening include: increased training efficiency
    Is it beneficial to exercise at night? Yes, the answer is yes. Evening is thought to be the time when the body is at its best.

According to a study conducted by the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom, working out in the evening allows you to train up to 20% longer and at a higher intensity than at other times of the day.

Furthermore, according to Heather Webb, a researcher at Texas A&M University, the hormone cortisol is more active in the morning and can inhibit muscle growth. Meanwhile, the increased testosterone hormone in the evening can promote muscle growth. When you exercise at night, you will tend to work out harder and more effectively.

ChronicVince likes this.