1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Johnde, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Johnde

Johnde New Member

Good Day,

The last time I worked out was 10 days ago. I very much enjoy lifting weights and working to lift as heavy of weight as possible. It makes me feel confident and strong. I love the feeling.

I haven't worked out since then because my body started aching all over from my head to my feet. I've never had this before. I am still struggling with whether it is a legitimate flu (body ache is my only symptom and has lasts over two weeks) or a new version of TMS. Is that a common things for it to manifest differently once you have finally identified it?

I think I have an underlying fear or working out even though I look forward to it so much. I think that I assume I will hurt myself at some point, it's just a matter of when (fear).

I look forward to going back to the gym without fear one day soon.

Thanks,
    John

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

You said: Is that a common things for it to manifest differently once you have finally identified it?

Yes! Sarno called it the symptom imperative. Most of us here can write a very long list of TMS symptoms we have experienced at one time on another. TMS is very tricky and sneaky. Even those of us who have been using TMS treatment techniques successfully for years get fooled sometimes. A good rule of thumb is to see a trusted medical professional to rule out anything serious, but once you have done that, assume it's TMS and treat it that way.