1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Astro Witch, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Astro Witch

Astro Witch New Member

I have been trying to exercise for a long time. I had post exertion malaise where I would be completely exhausted and fatigued after a small amount of physical activity. This always confused me though... there have been times where I've been able to walk 20,000 steps for several days at a sporting event as a spectator. Yet there have been other times when 10 minutes of yoga has pushed me over the edge and caused me to crash, resulting in several hours or days in bed.

Yesterday I did 39 minutes of physical activity, which included housework. I felt absolutely fine. In the past that would have exhausted me. Today I'm aiming to do some yoga and see how I go.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It doesn't make any sense at all, does it, @Astro Witch? I can jog on the treadmill at the gym with no problem whatsoever, but put me out on the street or a trail, and I start feeling off-balance and anxious, and before you know it, I'm hyperventilating.

Just one more piece of evidence that's it's TMS.

Astro Witch likes this.
  3. Fibrobegone

Fibrobegone Newcomer

In the beginning when I first got diagnosed I felt like I could still do planks, squats, and even a few burpees. As time progressed and I got worse, any activity just exacerbated my pain.
    Even simple stretching would be the beginning of a flare. So, now I avoid any form of exercise as I an scared of more pain.
    I used to be super fit and strong so this makes me quite emotional.
    I attempted a plank a month ago and immediately collapsed. I couldn’t hold it even a second.
    I have a caregiver who helps me with daily chores but when I do stand to cook dinner I am wiped out and need to rest. Even if I go run an short errand. I come home and go in bed to rest my body immediately.
    It’s so hard because I have three boys that miss their active and present mom.