1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kristin_sholl, May 15, 2013.

1. kristin_sholl

kristin_sholl New Member

I went for a long walk today, which I've been doing nearly every day for the last several weeks. I find it interesting how my "injuries" and pain are exercise-related. Exercise is such a great outlet for tension, stress, anger, etc., and I really work through a lot of things when I exercise. It makes sense that my brain would try to keep me from doing that.

In addition to "herniating a disc" when I was kickboxing a couple months ago, I noticed an abdominal abnormality (my "innie" belly button was becoming an "outie"). It was diagnosed as a hernia, and I just had surgery a week and a half ago. The worst part of the surgery was that I had to quit working out, which I had just resumed after the disc injury. Lying flat created a terrible pain in my leg (a "pinched nerve") that I couldn't get rid of without exercising. I'm back to walking now, but the pain lingers. I'm excited about resuming my full workouts at the end of next week, but I'm a little nervous.

Leslie likes this.