1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. BruceMC is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Exercise usually not a problem

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by camera, Jun 17, 2014.

1. camera

camera Peer Supporter

I typically try to do some sort of exercise, although it's usually something mild like walking and some low-exertion exercises at home. I've had some bad days where just moving was exhausting, but lately I've been feeling good enough most of the time to do whatever I want (Pain isn't a problem for me, but exhaustion is. I do have some minor pains, but exhaustion is one of the biggest physical problems that's kept me held back). I usually do only minor exercise, not anything that requires huge amounts of exertion. On days when I have exerted myself, I would feel strong both emotionally and physically.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Isn't it amazing, Camera, how exercise works? It's almost like a feedback loop--I exercise and feel strong, so I continue to exercise!
    I'm just returning from an 11 day road trip, and I'm so excited to resume my weekly exercise regimen. I swim 2-3 times/week, walk or hike, and do yoga 1-2 times/week. Low impact exercise works best for me, because high-impact exercises would inflame my joints. I don't lift 30 lb kettlebells like my husband does, because that would be ridiculous for me. But when I exit the pool after swimming 1/3 to 1/2 mile, I feel as if I could conquer the world!

3. camera

camera Peer Supporter

It is pretty amazing. You have a nice exercise routine going. Walking, hiking, swimming, and yoga are the sorts of exercises I like to do as well. That's pretty cool that you have the motivation to keep up with your regimen!