1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise, tms and pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Leonor, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

I started many times with my exercise routine (before tms) and gave up many times. This time around, second time after tms, I will hang in there, knowing that it will not damage further my body. I had to stop after two days because of the pain but I continued again today. I do enjoy the walks to the beach (it is fall now in Miami and it is perfect for the beach) even though my legs hurt. I even did my weights routine today. I always loved lifting weights, besides it makes my body firm (big goal now). Hanging in there....

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I always found/find exercise to be boring. Even riding a stationery bike while watching tv.
    I never cared for going to a gym because I hate the rock music.
    I preferred doing my own exercise routines at home listening to polkas and waltzes.
    They lift my spirit and I'm like Fred Astaire dancing around my living room with
    an imaginary Ginger Rogers.

3. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi there, I too love to exercise. I was raised that way and it always made me feel
    so good and energetic. I have leg pain also and stopped exercising for the last 8
    yrs. I recently started back and I love it. You keep it up and I'll bet wonderful feelings
    will come through and less leg pain! Nancy

4. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Hi Nancy, I am glad you could resume exercising. I am back to my normal pain, so it is better now. My pain is also shifting and I know that is a good sign. Are you feeling better now after starting to exercise?

Hi Walt, I also love dancing which is a good exercise, but I have never tried Polkas or Waltzes. I do love Johann Strauss music.

5. nancy

nancy Well known member

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Leonor, hope you are doing ok! Yes exercise is the key I believe. I strongly
    exercised all my life being a ballet teacher, aerobics, you name it. The pain started
    in my legs when I stopped due to moving. The stress was able to build I believe with no
    release. I am taking it slowly but I shall regain. This is the path I am on now reading,
    a lot of Dr Sarno's Great info, journaling which helped me a lot today and just trying to
    be positive and turn my depression around. Erik, Walt, Rose, etc have helped me so much
    to think positive, oh and Montana! I am determined to get through this at any cost. I need
    my life back. Conquer we must when our cause is just!!! Thank you for responding!! Nancy

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

Please keep in you mind that exercise gets rid of stress. How stupid was I
    when I gave it up? I knew that was my thing in my life!! I will recover with
    everyone's help here. What a Great Support System. which I never had. You
    will be just fine. Try to relax, exercise and think positive. Please get back to
    me on how you're doing, Nancy

8. nancy

nancy Well known member

9. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Walt, I should have given you the name of my Grand parents business in NY,
    it was "Serova School of Dance" just in case your interested in reading about it. My
    Grand Mother wrote many books also. I never got to know them as I was born too
    late and they had passed. My Mom never elaborated on any of their fame, still wonder
    why?? I had some knowledge of my Grand Mother dancing in Russia and also with the
    Rockets and Radio City Music Hall--also my Mom. For some reason she kept so much
    to herself, I am now just reading about my heritage. My Grand parents business was during
    the 20's. I hope you are doing very well and hope to talk again soon. Fondly, Nancy

10. nancy

nancy Well known member

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nancy. Your grandmother the Russian dancer must have been a real
    interesting person... from ballet to the Rockets. Wow.

I haven't done my living room waltzes and polkas exercise dancing in a while
    but will get back to it.

Music is so soothing. I don't feel soothed from rock music but do from most
    classical music and I love Strauss waltzes. If I'm feeling depressed,
    I put on a CD of Gilbert and Sulllivan operetta highlights. They lift my spirit every time.

Everyone ought to really get to know their grandparents before they lose them.
    I got to know at least part of my fraternal grandfather and loved him.