1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 exercise and singing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dankat, Mar 8, 2014.

1. dankat

dankat New Member

I have to confess that I'm one of those people who would rather have fun exercising than doing it for health reasons. So, I'm looking forward to trying tennis again after avoiding it for various reasons (pulled abdominal, back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain...). In the meantime, the majority of my tension is centered around my voice. I'm an actor and I depend on my voice for my livelihood. (I have two shows today.) I (begrudgingly) lifted some weights the other day and it actually felt good in my body and spirit, but I have been experiencing some strong spasms in my neck which have restricted the use of my voice. So yes, there is some fear around lifting weights and making that worse (you know the face you make sometimes when you lift?). I have also avoided biking because of bending over and back pain, so I'm considering getting on my bike to get to work today (in the cold!) to push myself a bit. Heck, I may even do some lifting. I have a great deal of faith that tension is at the root of all of these issues and am pursuing this program with that faith - and am hugely grateful for this walk-through program. Many thanks for reading!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank You dankat. You have all the right ideas. Now do it with full blown belief that it will work and be easy at first ok.
    Then keep us up dated on how your doing. Just stick to your conviction and you won't be disappointed.
    Bless You

3. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, Dankat ...

Exercise should be fun. The by-product is health.

While you are working on having fun, also slip in the positive affirmations that you are safe, and know that you have all the power within you that you could possibly need.

Believe in yourself, and know that we believe in you.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^