1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Excited!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shininggirl, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Shininggirl

Shininggirl New Member

I have had extremely severe digestive problems for 8 years now which severely affect the quality and joy in my life. I have also had some neck and back pain but that is better now. The last few years I have tried so many healing therapies for the digestive issues - learnt EFT, Sedona Method - fabulous techniques, which helped me to collapse so many problems - but the pain, gas, acidity and bloating have not budged. I feel much hope when reading Dr Sarno's book and have been reading it every day for 5 days now. This forum is absolutely fantastic and filled with some of the most caring, kind and generous people I have ever met. Thank you, all of you! I have begun journaling and it's interesting. My main problem is the intense preoccupation with my physical symptoms and terror. The doctors say I have IBS, acid reflux, hiatal hernia and gastritis, but nothing really serious, but it feels awful, because it never lets up.
    I don't normally write in forums, but I am so touched by this one and the sharing and support. And I feel a thrill of hope and excitement at the start of my journey. Thank you!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shiningirl. I love your nickname. I see your smiling face. You have definitely come to the right place to heal from your symptoms. It's good that medical tests do not show anything serious. The hernia and gastritis are what your subconscious has given you so that you discover their emotional causes.

I got a hiatal hernia by pulling the leash back on my charging darling big black Lab, thirteen years ago. It's a little bigger but I live with it. I'm 85 and want to stay out of hospitals, especially surgery. This is my third hernia and I always took the advice of my doctor to ignore it until I needed to have surgery for something else. But if the hernia bothers you, consider having it fixed. It's usually a one-day procedure. Hernias run in my family... my father and brother had them. They didn't cause my back aches two years ago. I thought that was from lifting a case of 36 cans of beer at the supermarket, but learned through reading Dr. Sarno that it was repressed TMS emotions. I was trying not to think about how I felt when my parents divorced when I was seven and it left me with feelings of insecurity. I've since learned to forgive my parents and that helped me to heal. The SEProgram is really wonderful and you will heal soon by sticking with it.

For feelings of gastritis, practice deep breathing. It is profoundly calming. Also drink hot milk or tea to relax the tummy.

3. Shininggirl

Shininggirl New Member

Hi Walt,
    Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I love the word "shine" because for so long I did not allow myself to shine in the world and now I am giving myself permission to do so. You are very inspiring! What power there is in forgiveness. That's beautiful! I do mean to stick with programme. . I am journaling every day and I came up with a couple of insights today. Funny how effective it is to write things down. Thank you for giving me so much hope about this programme.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shinggirl. Thanks for your kind words. It is great that you are excited about healing through TMS and its knowledge "penicillin."

I wrote my autobiography, just for fun, and learned a great deal about myself, my parents, siblings, and others. It was very therapeutic.
    I'm amazed at how I understand myself and others better now. Journaling can be a short form of that.

Happy Thanksgiving and focus on the good things in your life that you are thankful for.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Shininggirl,
    Welcome to this community and SEP. I am glad you feel inspired by Dr. Sarno's work, and the folks here. And I am glad you are already seeing more about your life, from the journaling process. I think digestive stuff like you have is just classic TMS. I wish more people embraced this, the way you are.

Wonderful!!! May we all give ourselves this permission.

Andy B.