1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Excited to be here and hoping that this works

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by normanyogi, Aug 13, 2017.

1. normanyogi

normanyogi New Member

Hello all,

I am a 42 year old male who has been diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia. I have been making progress in PT, but I am starting to consider that my pain may have an emotional / psychological component to it. How could it not, actually? I am going to complete this online seminar, and I am also reading "The Great Pain Deception." I am optimistic about this program, especially in light of Dr. Sarno's claim that mere knowledge and understanding of TMS often has a therapeutic effect. I am a perfectionist and can easily see how my subconscious mind could be in rage, and I have also experienced some emotional trauma in my personal life the last couple of years. My pain is not too bad at this point, but my goal is the same as everyone who has come to this forum, namely, to be free of pain and suffering.

I wish you luck on your journey as well, and if any of you have any experience dealing with pelvic pain using Dr. Sarno's methods, I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Chris

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum. It may be of benefit and insight for you to begin by reading a success story penned by @ezer who overcame pelvic pain. His wasn't an easy ride but he came through and shared his experience here:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/pelvic-pain-healed.8680/ (Pelvic Pain - Healed)

I appreciate that it may be a lot to take in at first but the trade-off with inspiration is worth it. Many people spend a long time scrambling round for ways of healing so it serves us well to explore the blueprints of those who have gone before.

My best to you,

Plum

3. normanyogi

normanyogi New Member

Thank you, Plum. That is very helpful indeed. Yes, I am just getting started on my healing process, so it is a bit overwhelming at first, but this community looks to be very helpful, and the success stories are so inspiring.