1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Excited for a new decade

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Jul 6, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy Birthday…to me! I turned 50 today. I can honestly say that I am more excited about this decade than any other age I've been. This is in part due to what I'm learning on this TMS journey.

For the first time, I'm not looking dreading more of what I thought was the inevitable part of the aging process…aches and pains and weariness. That's the TMS aging process and that's not where I'm living anymore.

Sure, I'm still working out my healing. But doing so with REAL HOPE empowers.

I'm considering my trip to see Dr. Schubiner in a few weeks as part of my birthday present and know it will be a significant turning point for me.

So yeah! Anyone care for a slice of the Earl Gray Chocolate Cake my hubby got for me? Mmmmmmmmm

tarala and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy Birthday, North Star! Your outlook is the best one... positive about the next decade and afterward.
    Putting TMS knowledge to good use.

I remember my 50th, sort of. It was great, and so was my 60th, 70th, and 80th.
    You're still a girl and have a long way to go to catch up with me. But take your time.

I'd love a piece of that chocolate cake. I'm having it visually.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Northstar, happy birthday!!

Our culture seems to have an obsession with youth, but being a data-junkie, I've heard that happiness tends to follow a U-shape of the course of our lives - or, as I prefer to call it, a smile shape :) . (I don't want to hijack the thread, but this article is very interesting: http://www.economist.com/node/17722567 )

Earl Grey chocolate cake all around!

[​IMG]

North Star likes this.
  4. North Star

Mmmmmmm, that cake was tasty! I ate a second piece in your honor, Walt. Did you enjoy it? Here's a picture of the actual cake we snarfed down. (Well, almost all of it. I put half in the freezer so I don't eat the whole darn thing!)

Forest, that article looks awesome; I'm going to read it right now! You know information like this enthralls me. And I think I'll have a slice of the cake you posted too. No calories in that one!

Speaking of, hubby got me a gift card for Kindle AND iTunes. I'm giddy with excitement. Wonderful books! And I'm going to get some Piano Guys music. Happy me.

Attached Files:

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

ehrmagerd! that looks so tasty!

North Star likes this.
  6. Mala

Mala Well known member

A very Happy birthday from Jaspa and me NS. Love your upbeat & positive tone & the look of the yummy cake. I bet it was Goooooood! Wish we lived closer so that I could have popped over with a bottle of bubbly to celebrate but ' cheers ' anyway.
    Do let us know how yr appt with Dr. S goes.

Much love

J & M image.jpg

North Star likes this.
  7. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

Happy birthday to you from Lily, Moira and me. I don't have a picture of the furgirls together so I won't post one. 50 is a wonderful age. Entering your wise woman stage. Enjoy!

North Star likes this.
  8. North Star

I don't see how my heart can contain more joy tonight…my eyes are teared up reading these sweet notes. Thank you so very, very much. Bring a couple bottles, Mala, and I'll pick up a few more cakes (yes, it WAS that delicious, Forest!) and we'll party it up. Fur babies welcome.

What an amazing day today. It was full of friends, family and lots of food. It will be among those memories I tuck away to use on cloudy days.

Life is good!

Love to you all…
    xo
    NS

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star, the chocolate bundt cake looks delicious and I enjoyed the piece you sent.
    I have a bundt cake mold and will have to use it again now.

Mala, Jaspa is adorable. Very huggable.

We're in a 9os heat wave in the Chicago area with high humidity.
    Annie and I are not fans of tropical weather so we're staying indoors in the a/c.

Mala and North Star like this.
  10. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I've had Earl Grey shortbread, but not Earl Grey cake. Looks yummy.

North Star, I wish you many more wonder-filled days like this and not just once a year on the day you were born. Make every day a day to celebrate.

North Star likes this.
  11. North Star

yb44, that's my new motto in life….celebrate EVERY day. Thank you for your kind wishes!

Walt, we finally got some hot temps here but humidity is usually pretty low. And then the temps drop down into the 60's or even 50's at night. What will be interesting is driving back there for my appointment with Dr. S with no air conditioning in our van. :)

12. tarala

tarala Well known member

[​IMG]

(Since there seems to be a chocolate cake theme here). Enjoy!

North Star likes this.
  13. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

Glad your b'day was so wonderful. You'll be okay on the highway without AC. The traffic around Chicago and Detroit won't be fun in the heat, but you'll be on a mission. Water will be your best friend. I've forgotten where you are coming from. Can you use the northern route and come across the upper peninsula of MI? Even that's a long trip to Detroit once you hit the border.

Celebrate every day!!!!!

North Star likes this.
  14. North Star

Jlm, we will actually be making a big loop through the UP: Montana, the Upper Peninsula, Detroit. We may even head back that way too to avoid going through the country's midsection. It's a ride we've down many times and it's not one of our favorite routes.

I have family on both ends of the state so it will be fun to visit loved ones. (NOT the ones who have contributed to my TMS!) We are actually going to gerry rig an ice chest with a fan on it…a poor man's air conditioner, if you will. We can handle the heat but having the wind beat on you for so many miles gets tiresome, especially since it might be hard to hear our audiobooks over the wind! We'll also be bringing Daisy and I don't want her to overheat either.

Today's celebration will conclude with an Endeavor episode. I missed Masterpiece Theatre last night due to my birthday bash and I'm giddy with anticipation that I get to watch it online. :) That series, a prequel to Inspector Morse, is fabulous.