1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Evidence Sheet

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sarene, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Sarene

Sarene Newcomer

Hello all,

I’m on Day 1. It’s been four weeks since I read Healing Back Pain. Nothing dramatic has happened, so here I am, committed to comforting that inner child and allowing the wise old woman within me to safely unravel the mystery within my unconscious.

My evidence sheet for TMS:

- increased pain/disability/weakness numbness, tingling, zingers - during times of stress

-purchased an expensive night guard for severe TMJ; the morning after the first night wearing my mouth guard, I woke up with locking fingers

-blood tests, Xrays, MRIs, and physical therapy test show that everything is structurally normal

-history of night sweats and night terrors with hitting, punching, screaming while sleeping (lots of rage)

-personality characteristics that fit within the TMS framework

-within a week of reading Dr. Sarno’s first book, pain moved to my knee

Learning about other people’s success stories has really helped motivate me! I’m so thankful for this site.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sarene. Welcome to the TMS Forum and the SEProgram. Your tests show nothing structurally wrong with you, which is great news.
    Now you can work in the SEProgram to discover what emotions are causing your symptoms. They could be past, present, or worries about the future.
    Or your personality traits... whether you are a perfectionist or "goodist" person, trying to please everyone and them to like you.

Pain does move around because of TMS emotions, so that's normal. There have been some really great posts recently in the success stories subforum.
    They are really inspirational.

Journaling in the SEProgram helped me to discover anger and other emotions from my boyhood, when my parents divorced when I was seven. I put myswelf in their shoes and as an adult I could understand them better and forgave them. Forgiving can play a crucial role in TMS healing.