1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Everything that I read has been eye-opening

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by how_to_feel_emotions, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Simultaneously reading Healing Back Pain and following the SEP. The article has been really, really eye-opening. I spent an hour doing all the exercises recommended in Day 2. I feel like I can almost pinpoint what those feelings are that I am repressing. But when I write down what I am angry or sad about, I can only write down things that are "superficial". I'm worried that I am not able to dig that deep, that my unconscious will hide my feelings from me forever.

Intellectually, I know that I can overcome this. I hope it will. I have some light pain in the middle of my back, which I know is not caused by physical injury, since I do Crossfit (intense workouts) and I feel nothing at that time. Also have very tense shoulders and neck. I fantasized a lot about going to the chiropractor or getting a massage, while I know now that that only would have helped very temporarily.

Intellectually I accept the TMS diagnosis, but I'm not sure if I do so "in my gut". I need to reinforce this belief.

So far day 2, we will see how this goes.

2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Very common and relatable. One of the best things to really get that acceptance "in your gut" is to start do the work, and eventually you will get results that will be so fantastic, that it will convince you completely.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Hedger is exactly right. It usually takes time to accept and believe the TMS diagnosis on a gut level. It's simply part of the process of getting better, so don't knock yourself for not fully accepting early on. Reading Healing Back Pain and following the SEP is an excellent way to go about it.