1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Even if they are nice

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by KathyBee, Aug 8, 2013.

1. KathyBee

KathyBee Peer Supporter

I think we sometimes have categories of people we feel we should not get mad at. And when we get mad at them we are likely to repress it.
    One of them is nice people. But even nice people can provoke anger is us.
    There are people I have worked with before who are nice, friendly peopleā€¦but completely incompetent at their jobs. It causes more work for me and lots of frustration. And joint projects I work with them on are always messed up. So yes it makes me pretty mad.
    Especially one person who was "too busy" to take the training that would have helped her be better at her job. Training that was supposed to be mandatory for everyone doing the type of work she did.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I know what you're saying, about "nice" people who sometimes give us pain... like the coworker who was "too busy" to get training to do her job better. If you're a conscientious person, that would cause you distress and probably pain. You don't want to confront her with it, but at home when no one is around to hear, you can tell her off. That could get rid of that repressed emotion. And think of it this way: she's not doing herself a favor by not getting the training she needs, so she's making her own job harder, besides making it harder for others.