1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Envious of Healthy People

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Freedom, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

I have noticed that since I have had TMS I at times will be envious of people who appear to not be in pain. More specifically, I'll see people in postures that I would be in pain in and am annoyed that I can't seem to do that anymore. Sometimes I will wonder "why can't I just skip this whole thing and get back to my normal life?"

So the question really is, how to get over this and not feel frustrated of having TMS when seeing others who don't?

2. pspa

pspa Well known member

3. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

This was/well still is really a big thing for me. Being a runner whenever I saw people running at a pace or over a distance I couldn't do then i would get incredibly jealous, resentful and frustrated. There aren't really any easy answers and as cliched as it sounds it really is all about accepting your current situation at a given moment in time without falling into the trap of comparing and contrasting to others. By all accounts people who have this issue also often find that keeping a gratitude journal to be helpful...it is always worth remembering and being thankful for what you have and can do rather than becoming bitter and twisted over those things you don't have or cannot do.

Ellen, jaumeb, Freedom and 1 other person like this.