1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Entertainer Michael Jackson had TMS. Discuss.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NIClubber, Jan 17, 2015.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

Anyone else come to this conclusion?

I am a massive fan of Michael Jackson, and have been for much of the last 25+ years. Having read and heard a lot of what he experienced in the last few years of his life, am I the only one who thinks he had TMS?

2. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

When I think of the big celebrities who had TMS, Michael Jackson is one of them. If he had to go to such extremes to sleep, makes me think he had TMS. Also, his perfectionist personality. Other celebrities that come to mind are: Paula Abudul, she is know for taking pain killers after a car accident and appearing dopey on American Idol. Then there is Jeff Conaway. I watched his soreful situation on celebrity rehab. He had various back surgeries and became an addict, dying in 2011. I was really rooting for him.

I am sure the list could go on and on, although most don't come out and discuss their pain, would be bad for the ego.

3. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I'm not sure about Michael Jackson since I don't know that much about his personal life but I know that Howard Stern had TMS and he met Dr. Sarno personally.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think MJ suffered from TMS too, as do the following:

Morgan Freeman - Fibromyalgia
    Cher - ME/CFS
    Marcia Cross - Migraines
    Kristin Chenoweth - Asthma
    Kim Kardashian - Psorasis

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh and I think Phil Collins suffered from TMS, but was treated with surgery.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Kim Basinger suffered from agoraphobia.
    So too did "Mr. Magoo" and Jack Benny's wife Mary Livingston.

Many celebrities won't drive a car or travel by airplane.
    Many of them drink or over-eat or take drugs in order to relax, not knowing they have TMS.

TMS is widespread and worldwide. We're among the fortunate who know we have TMS
    and have found books, videos, and people at TMSWiki who help us to recover.

7. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I was meaning that Michael Jackson had the 'classic' pain symptoms of TMS, rather than any other possible symptoms of TMS. He kept complaining of all the pain in his body and resorted to dangerous medications to try to get rid of the pain.

8. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

I do think Michael Jackson has TMS. He had an extremely difficult childhood, thrust at a very early age into an adult male world where he did not feel safe. He certainly had a lot of typical TMS symptoms. His sleeping problems were really pathological.

NIClubber likes this.
  9. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

agreed, i think MJ's father gave him TMS........he was never allowed to be a kid

NIClubber likes this.
  10. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

As more time passes, I'm almost certain that the vast majority of his pain was TMS-related, which led to being addicted to dangerous medications, which didn't appear to be making any reduction in the pain he was complaining about.