1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Enjoying the structure

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dpg, Jul 7, 2015.

1. dpg

dpg Newcomer

I find that the SEP is very easy to follow. I know this sounds very obvious, but being a Type A personality it is nice to have a structure that is effective and that I can follow and can see the step by step improvements.

Yesterday was another day where I knew I had to take care of some important business with some people who bring up some past anger - back flared up and then after the meeting it all went away. Crazy how TMS works. No to be able to not only know that it will improve after situations like that but get to a point where it doesn't flare up in the first place.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dpg. You got it. Emotional stress such as you experienced yesterday brought on some TMS pain. It really is "crazy" how this happens, but it does, all the time. The more we believe in TMS, the faster the pain goes away.

Try journaling to discover why that happened yesterday. Maybe there is some repressed emotion that was triggered by having to meet with those people that brought up some past anger. If you discover that, you may not have the pain again. We often have to make peace with the past. If we can forgive those who "trespassed" against us, we are set free.

3. dpg

dpg Newcomer

Thanks again Walt. Have some journaling time set aside for tonight!