1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Endometriosis

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Renee, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Renee

Renee Well known member

Can endometriosis be TMS? I did a search to see if anyone had posted on the subject before but nothing came up.

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Renee likes this.
  3. Renee

Renee Well known member

Oh wow. Thank you for this Caulfield! I have to leave now but will definitely look at all this when I get home. I have been watching Lena Dunham chronicle her battle with endo on IG. She had a hysterectomy and still has pain! I have had pelvic issues my entire life and was diagnosed with endo years ago but since I had undergone a hysterectomy for the pelvic issues (which of course didn't help) I thought it was a misdiagnosis. All this has made me think if TMS is really the underlying cause.

4. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

I think you are right, many women are misdiagnosed with endo. There are so many abnormalities that could or could not cause pain, it is difficult so tell. I would definitely give the TMS approach a try and not opt for surgery, especially not hysterectomy. There are many side effects to that, e.g. internal scars and adhesions give further problems.