1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 End of week one

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Oxalys, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Oxalys

Oxalys New Member

I've taken more than a week to complete this, taking my time over the Christmas break and not setting myself deadlines for once! I feel completely different than I did back a month ago, and like a whole new person compared to this time last year.

I still get physical symptoms but they don't seem as invasive and don't stick around as much as they do. I'll get a slight bit of dizziness or brain fog, but find myself quickly thinking about what pressure or thought could be responsible. I can't always identify one, but I think just looking for one is enough sometimes. Sometimes I can see I've become tense, or stressed, or a situation has upset me, and I can take steps to comfort myself and that usually deals with the physical symptoms now.

I've started doing more exercise and making more time for hobbies. Its only a start, but its something. Overall I feel like I am making some progress. :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Oxalys,

This is a wonderful report! When we take steps to learn and respond to things differently, this is a very deep growth process.
    Yes!

3. Vedra

Vedra Peer Supporter

Hi Oxalys and Andy B,

I agree that looking for one reason for stress at a time is enough. Having come to the end of Day 8 and being asked to write about identifying fears, I found it overwhelming as there are so many components. Allowing things to flood into the mind and recall all those emotions is too much at this stage. I've kept the physical pain at bay for quite a few days now by concentrating on learning about TMS and doing loads of exercise so I feel prepared, thanks to your post, to deal with the dreaded pain. The fact that I'm still dreading it is not a good sign; still negative, unfortunately, but at least I can see the path through the wood, if not the light at the end of the tunnel. Mixed emotions, mixed metaphors!

JanAtheCPA likes this.