1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 End of SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Toby2015, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

HI ALL
    I have reached the end of the SEP, I believe I have made progress with many of my symptoms and discovered much about myself too in the process.
    The best improvement to my health would be the almost nonexistent back pain which was a daily problem while working, this has disappeared apart from times of stress, now I know it's origins I nicely tell it to go away and address my feelings on the curent issue affecting me.
    Other symptoms such as IBS seem to have abated, with an odd grumble here and there but nothing like it was, even while on hol eating and drinking what I want! Fab!
    Problems that are still ongoing are tinnitus and psoriasis. The tinnitus is better but still bothers me when tired, Ill or stressed. The psoriasis is my biggest bug bear as its on my face. I also still get an odd rsi pain in my thumb but it's only when I'm under stress again.
    I would like to solve these issues so ive booked a telephone consultation with a TMS Therapist to see what they suggest.
    In the meantime I'm still reading Dr Sarno.
    What I have realised is the last year when my symptoms got worse and I thought I was doing something about them by going to the Drs and chiro's etc, I was actually giving them power and making them worse. This realisation has been the most important learning for me.
    I thank those that created this site and its SEP.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH.

yb44 likes this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Congrats on all your progress, Toby! That's a wonderful success story!
    We're all works in progress, but it sounds like you've got this. Good luck with your TMS therapist. Maybe that'll provide the insight you need to recover from your remaining two ailments.
    Blessings on the journey.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Toby, congratulations on your progress! It sounds like you are well upon your way.

4. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

Thank you to you both,
    I have booked to see Georgie oldfield soon. I will post my progress with her too. Finding this site has changed my life significantly, I only wish I could convince those around me to give it a go too. It is frustrating now when I see people who I believe suffer with TMS too. We have a long way to go before the majority will consider their health problems to be psychosomatic. I talk about my sucess now to those interested and introduce them to this site if they want to know more.
    In the meantime, I will concentrate on my own health and happiness. I will continue to educate myself.
    Once again I'd like to thank all on this site, both creators and members for their insights and support.

5. mrk591

mrk591 New Member

As a fellow tinnitus sufferer, I'm real glad that tinnitus is less of an issue for you!

Toby2015 likes this.
  6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Toby2015,
    Thank you for the wonderful, inspiring post. I congratulate you on your perseverance and commitment. It seems like you have developed the tools and attitude to take you along from here. With more time and practice, your success will deepen, I'm sure. Get some help with Georgie, for sure, but also understand that just observing the symptoms and not letting them scare you, with time, will be a huge boost. This takes most people longer than the SEP to get, so I want you to know that you're really on your way!!
    Andy B

7. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

Thanks for letting me know that Andy, it really helps to hear that as I did question whether the remaining symptoms were due to my misunderstanding of something. When you read about people being totally cured in such a short space of time or by reading a book, you begin to wonder if you are the unfixable one. That'll they never go, especially when they've been around for years.
    I now see if as the next one to go as I continue to gain more insight info myself.
    I wish that we could make the whole world understand about TMS.
    It would be a grand awakening and would change life for the better, for millions of people