1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

encouraging story...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by alexandra, Jun 27, 2014.

1. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

My mother's friends was suffering from painful arthritis in her body which was causing her joints to swell and fingers to bend etc you could see the pain in her face every day...at home her husband mistreated her and made her be intimate with him every morning and every night all the while emotionally and physically abusing her, if she refused he would threaten her with divorce. She eventually had the courage to divorce him and the judge awarded her their house and one of their cars which she sold and got a small apt where she now lives alone, in peace, retired and healing. My mom saw her after this ordeal and noticed her hands where perfectly normal. She asked what had happened and her friend responded...it was him! It was my ex husband causing my arthritis and pain! As soon as he was gone, the arthritis was gone as well. She lives now cured of arthritis and no more pain in her body...☺

intense50, Msunn, Colly and 2 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Alexandra, thanks for that wonderful success story. Your mother's friend solved her arthritis pain by relieving herself of the cause,
    her abusive husband. He must be full of TMS repressed emotions!

I have a good friend with a similar problem... back pain. She knew it was from her abusive husband and filed for divorce, and her back pain went away. Last week, though, she said the back pain returned and goes down her leg to her feet. She knows the reason... her husband is diagnosed with cancer and she put the divorce on hold. He hasn't changed toward her, so she is trying to let it all go and worry about him. She's keeping her distance now. I know them both and he's always treated her like an indentured servant. She's really worked hard to help him financially, but without any appreciation. She has a psychologist friend who advises her to put him out of her mind and life. She's trying to.

alexandra and Msunn like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

alexandra, this hits home so much and once again proves what happens when the power of our emotions over our life if left uncontrolled. Sometimes we can be forced into these emotions such as your mothers friend. I am so happy she is doing better.
    Dr. Don Colbert has a book called "Deadly Emotions" he talks about a lady that couldn't forgive her husband for cheating on her and also leaving her for a younger woman, she had developed cancer and the DR. told her that she would have to give up her anger toward her ex husband if she ever wished to experience any relief or healing. She told Colbert that she would never forgive him and would always hate him, by the end of the year she was gone. In the past as I was a younger kid just growing in my learning of what the emotions can do -- I wouldn't have believed that story. I know now since science does back all of this up that this case is going on right at my front door.
    I have a sister and I will tell the story cause I hope she reads this and hopefully it opens her eyes, she won't listen to me since I'm her brother and after all I don't walk on water or have a white coat ya know, really it wouldn't matter if I did though:(. Anyhow since her husband left her she has went from a well, up spirited, healthy individual and happy soul to just a remant of who she used to be. I used to go over and see her before i finally moved here to texas and I prayed each time hoping I wouldn't find her dead when I got there. See after her husband left she said she would be ok but that wasn't the case, she aged like 20 years in like 1 month. Then her youngest daughter which is like 21 decided it was time to move out and my beutiful sister went from a healthy looking 54 year old women to looking like she was well passed her last days. This pains me to write this but she has givin up and really hasn't tried to come out of the depression. She feeds the depression daily with the words " Why me," - " What did I ever do to hurt them" she doesnt know these thoughts are ageing her and making her so weak that she can't even walk now. She told me she was just getting old, but I know what is going on. I pray for her daily and 2 days ago I talked to her for the first time in a month " it was just to hard to listen to her not even able to talk" She finally sounded like she was able to stir her words together:) and she told me she knew it was her emotions that was doing this to her. I contuniue to pray that her eyes stay opened and her healing takes place.
    Your mothers friend is a blessed soul. God be with us all that have to experience this and help us to know the words to open their eyes to the truth.
    Bless you.

alexandra and Msunn like this.
  4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Great story Alexandra, very inspiring.

Herbie, my heart goes out to you. I too have siblings I want to help, and they won't listen. They think I've gone all 'Aussie hippie' on them.. It breaks my heart, but all you can do is gently encourage them and hopefully, down the track they might think they came up with the idea themselves. One of the problems I have is advising a big sister, and well, she's never wrong about anything being the oldest… It's a tough one, but I'm going to keep plugging away.

I'm hoping to help an aunt when I go back to Dublin for Christmas. She's bed-ridden with pain. She went to New Zealand as a nun in the sixties when she was very young, and missed both her parents' funerals. She was badly treated by the catholic nuns over there, and was so far from home; from her loved ones. She's now retired, living in Dublin, and no longer a nun, but riddled with TMS from a life of sadness. She's still religious, so I'm hoping to hand her 'God does not want you to be in pain' book by yourself and Walt. I'll tell her my story and hopefully she'll be receptive to it.

It's our family we want to help the most with TMS pain, but the most difficult to get through to.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you so much Colly as you keep my smiles as big as the open sky each time I hear your words of hope and healing I am humbled to the moon and back, your an awesome friend.
    I really believe your aunt will believe my words of hope in our book since only God could have giving me the revelations to write the book, I had many days I never thought I would have lived to finish this book of hope but the Lord promised me it would be achieved and nothing, no illness or pain, spirit or destress was going to stop that.
    You see it in your heart and you will accomplish all you wish, your a fighter and we win.
    I'll pray and believe that you have the power , perseverance, and the strength you need to finally get the words your sister needs to heal, bless you my friend.

intense50 and alexandra like this.
  6. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Thank you for everyone's response. ☺ I try to spread the knowledge dr. Sarno has given us at every opportunity but specially to my mom who was diagnosed with fibromialgia. She tells me that with my support she has reduced her pain and sleeping medication and has begun to use some of the tools such as affirmations etc... it took me a whole year for her to finally open up to the idea but what it really comes down to is that she is finally ready to open up, and she's not doing it for me or anyone else, it's for herself. I will keep on suggesting Dr Sarno healing methods to my mom until the day I die. I believe there's not much more anyone can do for a loved one other than continue suggesting the idea until they are ready to give it a chance...I hope to someday write my success story and help others as well as I have improved nicely in the past few weeks!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Well done Alexandra, your perseverance paid off. Herbie, I have confidence your book will help my aunt. I'm SO pleased you and Walt took the time to write your book. It's inspirational.