1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Empowerment and Co-Creativity

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lily Rose, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

I wish to share this excerpt that has resonance ....

Empowerment: This differs from power in that power is a principle, and empowerment is the process of making use of that principle. Psychological empowerment is about having access to all our capabilities and potentials and not attending on some permission or approval from another or others in order to use them. The empowered person is creative and uses creativity to empower others.

This process must be strongly contrasted to that of 'giving away power'. When other people, parents, or outer authorities are seen as manipulative, judgmental or limiting, it is possible that we are
    giving them this power. We may be allowing them to negatively influence our adult choices or to make unreasonable demands on our time and resources. If others are set on a pedestal and made into gurus or invincible leaders, our own roles are limited to those of disciples or followers. If the idol is discovered to have feet of clay, distress can be great and the recovery period long. The empowered person respects the authority, wisdom or expertise of another without self-belittlement and becomes more empowered by the contact. True teachers and leaders can empower others. They do not seek glamour or applause for its own sake.

Co-Creativity: This key word is about owning our part in anything which exists or happens in society. As a key word, it is inseparable from empowerment. If we see authority as being totally to blame for anything and everything bad and totally to be praised for anything good, then we dis-empower ourselves. Co-Creativity is active. Being a victim is passive.

.... Working with your Chakras; A Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Approach - Ruth White

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Mermaid and Msunn like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Lily Rose. this is good food for thought. Lots of people who post on the forums, like you and Eric (Herbie)
    are good examples of those who use creativity to empower others.

And we also are co-creative people, helping each other and others.

3. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

That was a seriously sweet thing to say :)

Loss of power has been a significant factor in my life. I 'gave it away', and trusted it would be taken care of. My path is littered with broken pedestals. I've been stepping through the debris, grieving, but also awakening to my folly. Giving away power is insidious. We don't realize it until we really open our eyes and pay attention to our own bodies.

Everyone has it in them to stand in their own power. If each person is strong, the community as a whole is far stronger.

For each person, everywhere, I wish empowerment.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

It's wonderful when friends can empower each other. That's what I love about some of my best friends.
    They build me up, I build them up. They're there for me, I'm there for them.

It may be a select few we have this special friendship with, but the few can be very special.

5. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Well, this was certainly an eye opener for me. Thank you for sharing.

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for that empowering post!

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I watch inspirational tv at times and liked what I heard from Joyce Meyer the other night.
    She encourages everyone to read the Bible for 30 minutes for 30 days and said that one of
    the most important things God wants us to do is to help others. She said one of the ways we can do this
    is by joining a community of people who help each other, such as clubs in church groups that help the neeedy.
    I think we who are members of the TMSWiki are part of a powerful Internet community of people helping
    each other with our pain and anxieties, and we empower ourselves as we empower others.

Peace and have a great day, every day.