1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wannarun, May 18, 2015.

1. wannarun

wannarun Peer Supporter

First of all, I find this really challenging. I think that speaks volumes as to how out of touch I've become with my emotions. I was working crazy hours about 3 years ago. I would get so tired and I would tell myself things like, "my happiness doesn't matter. I just need to focus on my work. Pump out work, train for marathon, help kids with homework. What matters is results, not how I feel." Something tells me it was bad. If I started to feel bad I would power through, caffeine my way out of it. The first symptoms I got were actually in line with peripheral neuropathy. Right after I got shin splints from running. I wonder if it was my body figuring out a way to slow me down.

3 things that make me angry:(I might do a few extra here)
    * Never living up to my own expectations
    * Compromising my own happiness for others. Being unable or unwilling to say no.
    * Trading money for the best years of my life.
    * Being afraid of not having enough money.
    * When my kids break my stuff.
    * Being chained to previous commitments
    * Having this stupid back pain.
    * Having foot and leg pain.
    * Rude doctors
    * My neighbor who is so judgmental.
    * lawsuits that get my mom in a tizzy.
    * my mom's family not considering her interests
    * when parts of my yard get messed up. I seriously like a nice yard. I hate it when it gets destroyed by my dogs.

3 things that make me sad:
    * my dad not spending time with me as a kid
    * losing close friends.
    * not prioritizing or maintaining friendships
    * losing a job I loved
    * losing my favorite dog.
    * not skiing
    * not running

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Wannarun,
    Although you seem to find it hard, it is obvious you are bringing your juice and fire right into this work. Bravo. There is a very refined version of all the ways you push yourself in your life. A knife of awareness that cuts through the chaff. Your awareness is bringing insight and feeling. You are on the way!
    Andy B.

3. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Hi Wannarun,
    What a big step you are taking doing this work. So glad you are posting and being a part of this community. Your courage to do this is inspiring. I so relate to what you posted here. Keep on keeping on :) Pam

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, too, Wannarun. The list of things that make you sad... I share most of them. Never skiied and have given up running years ago.
    Two dogs I adored passed on and my darling Annie is 13 and starting to show her age.

Your spirit is wonderful and I am sure everyone appreciates you posting about it.