1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Emotions Connected With My Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EAsprts26, Dec 7, 2015.

1. EAsprts26

EAsprts26 Newcomer

Hey Everyone,

I am about to write my unsent letter. Before I do that I decided to post on how I'm not sensing any emotions that are connected with my pain. I can't seem to identify any particular times that my pain is worse or better. I can sense emotions that I am dealing with currently, but none that trigger any worse pain. I think I am preventing myself from making these connections because I don't quite know how to journal effectively. My mind wanders a lot when I am journaling. I am having the same struggle identifying what to put on my tms lists.

I also am not able to journal very well about past events. I continue to cycle back to journaling from the perspective of present me and how I see that past event looking back at it.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Eric. It helped me to journal about my boyhood and I realized I was repressing emotions from my parents divorcing when I was seven. I think I hid them in my mind until more recently when friends divorced and I realized I had been feeling insecure because of my parents' divorce. So I do believe that the present can lead us back to the past and our repressed emotions.

I suggest you just keep going in the SEP and journal about anything that comes to mind.

Also, in your case, your TMS pain may not come from repressed emotions but from a perfectionist and/or "goodist" personality, wanting to please everyone and be liked. If you recognize yourself in either of those personality traits, maybe try to modify them.