1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Emotions and pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by plafield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. plafield

plafield New Member

I'm pretty clear that my pain is mostly connected to fear and when I let myself notice and feel the fear it often transforms to sadness. If the fear is about the pain itself, if I just notice and label it as fear and remind myself there's nothing to be afraid of because there's nothing structurally wrong with me, the pain almost always goes away. If the fear isn't directly about my pain, when I notice I'm afraid and can recognize what I'm afraid of it often turns to sadness and if I can feel the sadness and let some tears flow and have compassion for myself, the pain recedes. This experience is how I know my coccydynia is TMS ( and the fact that there is so much fluctuation in the when and what causes the pain) even though I still have pain sometimes so it's great to have it constantly reinforced that there really is no real cause for this pain other than something going on in my brain.