1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Emotional connectivity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dayton, May 1, 2019.

1. Dayton

Dayton Newcomer

Have I been able to identify emotions connected to TMS (my pain)? Yes. I knew I had these emotions, but never realized their true impact. This program has been wonderful for allowing me to acknowledge them in general, and address them specifically when they arise. I have been concurrently following Alan's Pain Recovery Program while doing the SEP. So far, I like his additions of short, simple vignettes of pain info that help me think of it all emotionally and psychologically.
    Have I been able to identify emotions specifically connected to my pain at a specific time or pain-level increase? No. I'm not sure that I'm there yet with my situation. My pain doesn't really go away and return based on activities or interactions. It's still very persistent throughout the day. That said, I do feel an incremental improvement on my pain level and movement in general. It's very subtle, but I am embracing that as a positive thing. Good job Me!
    Question: why does it often seem to get worse or flare up a bit a night? And really bad first thing in the morning? My nights are currently, calm, peaceful, and with a quiet mind. I have read a physical explanation for this (at least for herniated discs- night is when disc has least amount of fluid from day's activities, and morning is when disc is most fluid-heavy (from night's repose) and therefore bigger with more pressure on nerve. But seems like many of our ailments get worse at night. Does anyone have similar experience or TMS input as to why?