1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Elbow Tendon

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kalo, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while...

I am getting lots of symptom imperative.

Since, I last posted, I was suffering from sciatic nerve for almost 8 months,

I was caregiving for my Mom when the sciatic nerve flare came on.

Last December she was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and has since been placed in a good care facility,

Since then I sold my Mom's house along with realtives helping me. I was then moved out to my cousin's townhouse to live until I found a house.

This was ALL to stressful for me as I didn't want to move because I wanted to be close to my Mom. I have separation anxiety.

While I was at my cousins townhouse I developed left elbow pain out of the blue. It has been 3 months and I still have the pain badly. It is in the BACK of my elbow as it hurts to bend my elbow. When comparing my tendon to my right elbow it appears to be a tad bit swollen. But that is my comparing the two it doesn't mean it is.

I don't want to see a doctor as I am scared...But other things have been happening as well and now it appears that my right elbow also has a little pain as well.

I wish there was a TMS doctor close to me as I would go...The closest would be Dr. Schecther in LA, but I can't afford the trip.

I have had sooooo much stress and the thought of loosing my last Parent SCARES me...As much as I am embrassed to admit this I lived with both Parent's for a long time because I have Asperger's syndrome.

Moving into a small patio home is very hard without my Mom. I miss her dearly, and I am all by myself.

All, I can do is think about my pain.........TMS is a real good distractor.

Does anyone have advise on what I should do?

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Kalo

2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Kalo,

You might be fearing the upcoming grief which is giving you symptoms more than the stress of moving. Maybe let yourself grieve now, too. You are going through big changes and will be fine. But, instead of being afraid, just let yourself grieve because you miss the life you had with your mom and you will miss her when she goes. There isn't a time limit on grief.

Sending you peace.

Marcia

3. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi,

I can relate a bit because I lost my father to pancreatic cancer 7 years ago. At the time I had a small child and was pregnant with my second child. My mother was not well and we all worried that the grief and stress would kill her. My father's last wish was that I moved in next door to my mother and take care of her.
    My parents were always really supportive of me and at the time were helping me financially but when my father passed that all went out the window. Then, my husband got laid off twice within a short period of time.
    So, just to recap (and to elaborate) I had 2 small kids, a sick mother, all the grief and sadness from the death of my father, marital issues, financial issues, my husband's lay offs.. Well I knew nothing about TMS but boy did I sure start getting migraines. Like crazy. They ruled my life for 5 years.
    So, first I just want to say that I'm really sorry about your mom. It's such a vicious disease and I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Second, congratulations that you know about TMS because now you focus on your emotions and not repress anything. In the long run it will eliminate your brain from creating something much more physically painful.
    Grief is tough and I think it takes baby steps and more importantly, time.
    Are you doing the Structured Education Program on the tmswiki.org site? Journaling has helped me a lot. I'm still not very good at it but it's helping.

4. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi Marcia, and thanks for you advise. I am trying to feel the grief. I was so traumatized when my Dad died and I am scared to see it again with my Mom. Being that I am on the austistic spectrum (very HIGH functioning) I also have a hard time with change. Now that I moved into the city I don't get to see my Mom every day like I wanted to. That hurts me because time is running out. If I get a job I won't be able to see her everyday because she is all the way on the other side of town and the hours of visting our 10 a,m. to 6p.m.

Thanks INES, the one thing that I am afraid of is developing of something more serious. If it were just tennis elbow or golfers elbow I wouldn't care, but, the pain is in the back of my elbow where one would get tennis elbow, but, in the back if that makes sense. For some reason my right elbow is beginning to hurt in that same area but I have done nothing. I am scare it could be some kind of autoimmune disease. I am going to see a doc just to rule it out.

Thanks for all your advise in the meantime I will try to experience the grief. I feel that I do as I cry everyday.

Kalo