1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Laughter Einstein's Fear

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Feb 12, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope this link opens.

[​IMG]

It's about Einstein fearing that technology will take over us,
    with photos of how it already has.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    braden101, mousemom and LindaRK like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Einstein's Fear
    The day that Albert Einstein feared most has finally arrived..
    [​IMG]
    A day at the beach.
    [​IMG]
    Cheering on your team.
    [​IMG]
    Having dinner out with your friends.
    [​IMG]
    Out on an intimate date.
    [​IMG]
    Having a conversation with your BFF
    [​IMG]
    A visit to the museum
    [​IMG]
    Enjoying the sights
    [​IMG]

It’s here.

3. Mala

Mala Well known member

This is my all time favourite ones. Talking dog!

Mala

nancy, Griffin, North Star and 2 others like this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I think I'm in love....

North Star, Ellen and Mala like this.
  5. Mala

Mala Well known member

Griffin likes this.
  6. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Love these dog vids!

Mala likes this.
  7. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

haha, love it, so true.

I have actually been making an effort lately to leave my phone at home or in the car...Easier said than done though haha.

I feel like for myself and probably alot of other people these days, my phone has unknowingly become a kind of safety item for my anxiety.

If I'm nervous, I play with my phone. If I'm stressed, I play with my phone. If I'm anxious for whatever reason, I go for my phone. Sometimes I just aimlessly flick my finger across that touch screen to magically take me away from whatever uncomfortable situation I might be in.

8. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

My hubby and I still have rotary dial cell phones. Every time our plan has the option for an upgrade we let our boys get the inerrancy phones. I'm afraid if I get a Smart phone I'll be just like Einstein's people! LOL!

9. Mala

Mala Well known member

As technology advances it is important to keep up . These photos are not representative of anything that is bad & photos can be made to tell any story that you like. Smart phones and other technology are here to stay & if the result is less interaction among people then we will simply have to adapt to the new way of life as we have always done in the past. If we don't then we will become dinosaurs. I am 56 & I promise to keep up with everything until I no longer have the wit to do so. I ask my 13 yr old nephew to teach me things I don't understand & he is already light years ahead but i make sure i'm not too far behind. He loves teaching me stuff & thinks I'm 'cool'. In fact I bought him & my niece their first ipads.

I don't want to be the cause of a generation or communication gap & anyway I enjoy discovering & learning new things. I love being able to get information at the press of a button, read a book I have downloaded, watch an interesting video & even play Flappy bird wherever I want. When I talk about Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus' new songs with my niece she loves it. It keeps my brain cells active & I feel young. I don't want to turn into the kind of person who is always moaning about new innovations, technology, fashions, hair styles, music. I want to be part of the future.

Mala

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014