1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

EdX Course on Stress Management

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by njoy, Mar 24, 2014.

1. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Forest likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, njoy. This looks interesting. I'll check into it. Thanks.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I am a HUGE fan of edX. As an educator, I take for granted that online courses like the ones they offer will completely revolutionize my field for very many learners, making education much cheaper and giving people more choices about what they study. I also love that edX is a nonprofit, founded by MIT and Harvard, and completely free. Here's their 2 minute intro video:

4. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

It will change the world that any kid, anywhere, now has access to all the knowledge they could possibly need or want. Well, if they have access to a computer. Many organizations are trying to make that happen but, to me, this is the most amazing. Kids handed a computer and a challenge will teach themselves and each other complex subjects even if they don't speak the language. No adults required but, of course, a really good teacher is even better. The founder, who recently won the first (2013) 1 million dollar TedPrize speaks on this Ted talk about his concept of child-driven education and schools "in the cloud".