1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ed programme

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Emma, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Emma

Emma New Member

Hi

I found TMS 6 months ago, read a few books, came onto this site and found it all extremely helpful. I started the ed programme and did the first 5 days and ( stupidly ) because the pain disapppeared, I stopped doing the programme.
    Since then I have had 2 major episodes of pain, once while on holiday so couldn't really read/use internet. The second is now and so I am revisiting the ed programme and picking up from where I left off. My quesiton is - Do I have to do the programme religiously every day ( where possible )?? Will it matter if I have a few days off each structured day?
    I think I realise leaving months in between each structered day is not a good idea, but how regularly do I need to be doing it?
    I totally believe I have TMS, no doubt there!
    Thanks

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Emma,

I always encourage people to do the work at their own pace. While there are activities to do each day, you don't have to do it every day. You have to find the pace that works for you and do the techniques that resonate with you. Recovering is about finding out what helps you the most.

I don't think you have to do certain techniques everyday. You just need to continue to think psychologically about your symptoms and be active. If you have to take a day or two between program days then that is perfectly okay.