1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Easter holidays over......waking early begins!!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Apr 12, 2016.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi,
    Thanks for taking time to read this. I am a secondary school teacher and I have just had a 2 week break for Easter. My first day back was Monday and I think I woke about half 4, did the same on Tuesday morning too. I had been sleeping like a baby in the holidays, I would get woken up by my young boy at half 6.

I consciously enjoy being a teacher even though it is quite draining and sometimes challenging. I have been teaching for almost 10 years and although finding it tough early on in my career the past few years I have enjoyed it. I used to dread coming in when I first started but there is no dread now, I enjoy interacting with the pupils and feel confident delivering my subject.

My profession was quite demanding emotionally at times, I had to learn to control my anger because the children would make me rage but I am rather passive with pupils now and don't let them get to me which is rather TMS repression like of me. I guess teaching could have a major factor in my TMS.

TO conclude then why am I waking so early if I actually enjoy my job??? Maybe my unconscious thinks otherwise and is hanging on to my early memories of teaching. Do I need to leave my job to rid TMS, I hope not.

thanks.
    lee.