1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Easter holidays over......waking early begins!!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Apr 12, 2016.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi,
    Thanks for taking time to read this. I am a secondary school teacher and I have just had a 2 week break for Easter. My first day back was Monday and I think I woke about half 4, did the same on Tuesday morning too. I had been sleeping like a baby in the holidays, I would get woken up by my young boy at half 6.

I consciously enjoy being a teacher even though it is quite draining and sometimes challenging. I have been teaching for almost 10 years and although finding it tough early on in my career the past few years I have enjoyed it. I used to dread coming in when I first started but there is no dread now, I enjoy interacting with the pupils and feel confident delivering my subject.

My profession was quite demanding emotionally at times, I had to learn to control my anger because the children would make me rage but I am rather passive with pupils now and don't let them get to me which is rather TMS repression like of me. I guess teaching could have a major factor in my TMS.

TO conclude then why am I waking so early if I actually enjoy my job??? Maybe my unconscious thinks otherwise and is hanging on to my early memories of teaching. Do I need to leave my job to rid TMS, I hope not.

thanks.
    lee.