1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ear ringing back with a vengeance.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mrs Dependable, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Mrs Dependable

Mrs Dependable Peer Supporter

After waving goodbye to years of neck pain, I endured weeks of tinnitus. I listened to dr Sarnno's lecture re read the book and was lately free from the maddening symptoms of tinnitus. It felt so good, but my husband was rushed to hospital yesterday and last night, whoosh! Ear ringing and stiff neck, ugh! I need to be strong for him but my inner tension is off the Richter scale. How to cope when you've been doing so well, symptom free and then the TMS comes back to haunt you?

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Think psychological, your symptoms are due to the tension caused by your husband's situation. They are TMS distractions, they are not due to a traumatic injury. It's not haunting you, your sub-c gremlin is trying to PROTECT you. Say to it "I'm a big girl now, thank you very much but my conscious can handle it now. I know about TMS, I will be positively distracted instead by being aware of what's going on in the present situation."

3. Mrs Dependable

Thanks TT :)

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Great conversation. Part of what is true is that you can see such a strong correlation between events in your life, your probable inner reaction, and the symptoms. Just seeing this, you know it is TMS. This in itself can be a huge relief, and a huge plus in allowing the symptoms to subside. You know where they are coming from. They aren't a 'medical problem' and they'll go away, because they have gone away before.

Anne Walker likes this.
  5. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

You've banished the pain before Mrs. D, and you recognize your current symptoms as TMS, so you're 80% of the way to victory! Like Tom said, have a conversation or two with your subC. It doesn't have to be confrontational; just let it know you prefer the feelings to the pain. You can DO this.
    Prayers for your husband as well...

6. Mrs Dependable

Thanks Andy and Gigi, you're right Andy it's a relief to know that symptoms are tms, but bitter sweet because the ear ringing would nearly drive me crazy. Yes I have to remember they went away before. Gigi, I had a conversation with my tms like Tom said, I was so surprised as the tms seemed to come out out of left field. Wasn't expecting it. Hubby not out of the woods yet. Thanks guys, I feel the support.

Tennis Tom likes this.